Sunday, July 10, 2011

Cal Gets Verbal Commitment from 4-Star Wide Receiver Bryce Treggs

Four-star wide receiver and St. John Bosco High School standout Bryce Treggs (Bellflower, CA) was expected to give a verbal commitment to the Cal Golden Bears for weeks and on Saturday, he finally made it official.

Treggs called BearTerritory.net to give them the news from The Opening camp, which was held at the Nike headquarters this past week.

"You already know who it is, man," Treggs said. "I just wanted to get it out of the way, honestly. It's the school that I've wanted to go to for a long time, so I just figured that I might as well make the decision now."

Fellow Golden Bears' 2012 commit Zach Kline (Danville, CA), who is a 4-star quarterback and No. 2 rated pro-style quarterback according to Rivals.com, was also one of the first people to hear Treggs was going to be one of his future targets.

"I already told Zach," Treggs said early Saturday morning. "He was excited. He was real fired up."

Treggs' father Brian played football at Cal and was overjoyed by his son's decision to attend his alma matter.

"My dad was real excited for me. He was happy," Treggs said.

A major factor in Treggs' decision to commit to Cal was his relationship with the coaching staff and a recent visit to their campus in Berkley.

"It was honestly when I took that visit up there for the full-contact camp," Treggs said. "The relationship that I built with coach (Eric) Kiesau, he's a great coach, and I can definitely see myself playing for him. I like his coaching style, I just like everything about him."

Treggs is the third commitment for the Golden Bears' 2012 recruiting class and is the No. 133 overall prospect according to Rivals.com.

The 5'11" and 171 pound wideout has all the makings of a downfield threat for Kline to throw bombs to for at least three years. Scouts have raved about Treggs' soft hands, great instincts and top end speed.

Another good sign for Cal is that Treggs will begin recruiting other top prospects to join him, and he is close with former USC commit, No. 96 overall prospect, and No. 13 wide receiver Jordan Payton (Westlake Village, CA).

The Golden Bears may also soon receive a commitment from another California receiver, Kenneth Walker (Richmond, CA), who has already expressed his interest in joining Cal's 2012 recruiting class.

"I've been thinking about it for a long time, and I really like Cal," Walker said. "It's close to home and I want to stay home. Plus, Cal has really good academics."

The chance to play early also is not hurting Cal's chances of getting the 3-star and No. 62 rated receiver to commit soon.

"They don't really have that many receivers on scholarship and it's good coaching there," Walker said. "I've really connected with coach Kiesau and everything is good."

 

Check out my blog, Dirlam’s Dirty Dugout Sports Blog, which features this story along with other articles and video reports on the major sports. You can also follow my blog on Twitter, @DirtyDugoutBlog, which will provide you with the latest updates about what will be posted on the blog!

Milla Jovovich Maggie Grace Luján Fernández Charli Baltimore Denise Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment